Do you love tea? Are you sure? We’re not talking about mint, chamomile, or even jasmine. Real tea comes straight from the tea plant Camellia Sinensis, of which there are hundreds of cultivars in China alone. In this two-hour class, you will learn about this amazing plant, its history, and the differences between the six categories of tea: Green, Yellow, White, Wu Long, Red, and Black Tea. We will explore the distinct taste profiles of each category, learn what makes them different, and how to identify tea quality.
- The Plant With a Soul – Camellia Sinensis
- History – How Tea Changed the World
- The Six Categories of Tea
- Location, Location, Location - The Importance of Terroir
- Scratching the Surface of Tea Varietals
- Medicinal Properties – OMG tea does not cure cancer!
Duration: 2 Hours
Geeky level: Medium
Sipper's Club members, please enter promotional code to receive 20% off the classes.